Food & Beverage
Specifying a ball bearing for use in food and beverage production and packaging raises a unique set of considerations. Reliability and durability must be addressed and the use of suitable materials, especially appropriate lubrication, is crucial. These bearings must also operate in environments where they are subjected to repeated cleaning processes with water, steam or aggressive chemicals. At HQW, our engineers work closely with our customers to assess each project and make recommendations according to the application requirements.
HQW food and beverage bearings offer:
• A range of more than 300 application specific lubricants, including FDA & NSF licensed lubricants and Hechscher (Kosher) certified and Halal certified lubricants.
• Fully shielded and sealed versions of all bearings to prevent contamination ingress and contain lubrication.
• Compatibility with high-temperature environments and high speed, continuous running.
• Manufacture from highly corrosive-resistant materials, such as high nitrogen steel (X30CrMoN5-1 (HQW designation SV30), for harsh environments.
• Minimal maintenance and long life properties.
• Assembly, test and packaging in a class 7 clean room to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards are met.
• Manufacture to tolerance standards up to ABEC 7/9 (ISO P4/P2).
Typical food & beverage applications include:
• Beverage canning equipment
• Blending/mixing machinery
• Portioning and weighing machines
• Processing conveyors
• Meat and fish processing equipment
• Packaging & bottling machinery