Operating in a high or ultra-vacuum environment presents a number of challenges for bearings, which are essential in achieving the high speeds and reliability demanded by turbomolecular and high speed dry pumps. Working in a pressure range of up to 1x10-10 mbar with minimal lubrication and potential high temperatures of above 500˚C (932˚F), performance, reliability and a long lifetime must be ensured. HQW bearings are engineered to achieve this, each and every time.
HQW vacuum pump bearings offer:
• Manufacture from high performance materials to ensure compatibility with high-temperature environments and high speed running.
• Ceramic (silicon nitride) balls to permit a significant increase in speed with less wear.
• Materials offering low outgassing rates.
• Various coatings (including gold, silver and MoS2) to act as dry lubrication.
• Direct lubrication design features.
• Super finished surfaces and optimised surface geometry.
• Minimal maintenance and long life properties.
• Fully shielded and sealed versions of all bearings to prevent contamination ingress and contain lubrication.
• ABEC 7/9 (ISO P4/P2) tolerance standards for the highest precision.
Typical vacuum applications include:
• Semiconductor production.
• Space environment equipment.
• Medical equipment.
• Chemical analysis.
• Helium leak detectors.